Last updated: January 23, 2023
Welcome to our website (the “Website”), which is operated by Gibbs Oil Company Limited Partnership and its affiliates (“Gibbs”, “company”, “we”, “our” or “us”). This policy describes the information we may collect from Website users or consumers (“you”) or that you may provide to us and our practices for using, sharing, maintaining and protecting your information.
Specifically, this policy applies to information we collect via this Website and by email, forms, text and other electronic messages between you and us
This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means. Likewise, the Website may, from time to time, contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”). This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party on such Third Party Sites, and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices on Third Party Sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such Third Party Sites so that you understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect information, including personal information, in several ways:
Information you provide us directly – You may provide us with information when you fill out forms, send us emails, send us texts or other electronic messages, report problems on our Website, or otherwise provide information to us. This information may include, for example:
- postal address
- email address
- phone number
- comments and questions that you submit to us (e.g., using the Website’s “Contact Us” page or via email)
- purchase information you may provide to report a problem
Information we collect automatically – Our service providers and we may collect information automatically when you use the Website through the use of automatic data collection technologies including cookies, web beacons (also known as pixels) and other technologies. Cookies are small files typically placed on the hard drive of your computer. Web beacons are small electronic files that may be contained in our Website pages, digital advertisements, and emails.
The information we collect automatically may include:
- online identifiers, such as your unique device identifier or MAC address
- your browser or device type and operating system
- your approximate geographic location
- internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider)
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, from which we may derive your approximate geographic location
- information about your interactions with the Website (e.g., the web pages you view, links you click, date and time of your access, sites you visited before and after visiting our Website)
We may combine the information that we collect automatically with information that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information:
- To respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, and provide you with customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications and targeted advertising that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Website by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and to facilitate social sharing and social sign-on functionality.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products or services, improving or modifying our Website, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business.
We may use information that has been de-identified or aggregated or both for any purpose.
Your Choices and Updating Your Information
Analytics Cookies – As discussed above, we may, and our service providers and other partners may, use automatic information collection technologies to track your activities on our Website for website analytics purposes. To do so, our service providers and partners may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser or your unique device identifier (including through the use of web beacons). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
For example, we use third party tools on our Website, such as Google Analytics for a number of purposes, including to measure traffic and usage trends on our Website. Please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ for information about how Google may use your information and how you can control the information sent to Google.
Email – You can stop receiving promotional email from us at any time by following the instructions provided in the email or by contacting us at the address or phone number set forth below.
Access and Correction – If you would like to request to update or correct your information, or to request access to your personal information, please contact us at the address or phone number set forth below. Requests for access must be in writing. We will consider and respond to such requests promptly, and otherwise in accordance with applicable laws.
Third Party Service Providers
We may employ third party service providers to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, third party service providers may help us analyze data and host and improve the functionality of our Website. We may share your information with third party service providers so that they may provide services to us.
Information We Share
We may disclose information about you:
- To our affiliates.
- To our service providers, as explained above.
- To other third parties to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale, merger, divestiture, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution, or other similar event of some or all of our business, assets, or stock, including to prospective buyers or other third parties for the purposes of evaluating such a transaction.
- To any other third party and for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also use and disclose your information:
- To comply with applicable law, court order, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or cooperate with law enforcement.
- Where we believe in good faith that it is necessary to prevent a crime or an injury to ourselves or third parties.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, privacy, property, or safety of Hood, our licensors, our affiliates, our customers, you, or others.
We may disclose information that has been aggregated or de-identified or both without restriction.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website, enter any promotions offered by us, or provide any personal information to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use.
Location of Your Information
Your information may be collected, processed and maintained outside your country of residence (including in the United States and Canada) by our third party service providers or us. Such countries may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your information.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information within our organization. No transmission via the Internet or storage system can be guaranteed to be fully secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “How To Contact Us” section below.
How To Contact Us
Gibbs Oil Company Limited Partnership | Six Kimball Lane | Lynnfield, MA 01940 USA
Attention: Data Security Officer